Wednesday, January 05, 2011

The 30-Day Book Meme: Day 1

I stumbled across this book meme somewhere a few months ago and thought it might be interesting to try. Thirty days, thirty questions. I may not hit it every single day, but I'm going to try!  The first question is: 

A book series you wish had gone on longer OR a book series you wish would just freaking end already (or both!)

A book series I wish had gone on longer? Hmmm. Mine! Duh! 

A book series I wish would just freaking end already? Well, shoot! That's not as easy to answer as you might think. There are series I don't particularly like. A few of them, in fact. I'm not all that fond of cats who solve murders, for example, but do I want the series to freaking end already? No! 

If readers like the books and they're willing to buy the books and the author earns his or her royalties for all the hard work they did (and believe me, writing a book is just plain hard work!) and people are reading, then I don't care what the book is about, or what it's like, or how it's written, or whether or not I want it on my personal TBR stack. I salute the books, the author, and the readers. And I sincerely hope the series will go on forever. Because I have a secret weapon I use on books I don't like. I don't read them. I read something else instead and I don't waste my passion or my creative energy on getting upset over someone else's choice of reading material. 

Ergo, cats can go around solving murders for another millinium or two and it won't bother me a bit. 

No comments: