Saturday, January 08, 2011

The 30-Day Book Meme: Day 2

Day 02 - A book or series you wish more people were reading and talking about. 

Hmmmmm. Guess I can't cheat and say "mine" again, can I? I think I'm going to have to go with the best book I've read in a while:



Stockett's voice is pure and clear and true to the people she's writing about. I recently moved from the West, where I've lived my entire life, to the South, where my dad was born. In Stockett's characters, I heard whispers of my grandmother's voice along with the voices of new friends and neighbors. Her cadence was spot-on. The narrative was crisp and easy to read, and the story was compelling and kept me eagerly coming back for more. Stockett writes about a touchy topic with humor and compassion. And yeah, I know a lot of people are talking about this book already -- but like I said, it's the best book I've read in a while.

No comments: