Monday, January 10, 2011

The 30-Day Book Meme: Day 3

Day 03 - The best book you've read in the last 12 months:

 It's a toss-up for me, really. My first instinct was to say THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett but since that was the answer to the previous question, I don't want to be boring. 

I'm going with Lorna Landvik's ANGRY HOUSEWIVES EATING BON BONS for this one. Yeah, I just read it in 2010. I'm slow. What can I say? 

Any woman who has ever been through the fire and found herself supported by a group of women friends is going to love this book. Women who haven't yet found that group of friends will either read it wistfully, wishing they had friends like these, or they'll toss it aside, believing these friends are nothing but a fairy tale. For those who think friendships like these don't really exist, I hope you find out someday soon that they do. 

The whole way through this book, I thought of my three closest friends and all the mountains and valleys we've struggled through together over the years. I thank God for them, for their friendship and their patience. I love that they know everything about me -- and they like me anyway. That's what friendship's all about. 



No comments: